Additionally, women with low adherence to daily or weekly oral bisphosphonates reported greater treatment satisfaction when transitioned to Prolia® versus switching to a monthly oral bisphosphonate.5
In a 2-year crossover study of postmenopausal women, 91.2% preferred Prolia® injections over alendronate tablets for the long term.1
*Persistence data are pooled estimates for oral bisphosphonates, which included alendronate, risedronate, ibandronate, and etidronate.
BP: bisphosphonate; CI: confidence interval.
- Freemantle N, et al. Osteoporos Int. 2012;23:317–26.
- Hadji P, et al. Osteoporos Int. 2016;27:2967–78.
- Reyes C, et al. Osteoporos Int. 2017;28:2997–3004.
- Karlsson L, et al. Osteoporos Int. 2015;26:2401–11.
- Palacios S, et al. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2015;100:E487–92.
- Lakatos P, et al. Calcif Tissue Int. 2016;98:215–25.